Wednesday, February 1, 2012

2 more sleeps!!

Day 32 at Ability Camp, which means only 2 more sleeps!!! I am SO excited to get home and have our little family together (well as together as it can be). Ryder has been fairing out pretty good. He has his bad days but also switches it up with some good. I feel like he got the most out of the first three weeks and by the fourth he was done. (or maybe that was just me....)  With his age and his stubbornness it's so hard to keep him focused on tasks he has no interest in. I haven't been able to get any video clips of him because unless he's in the mood he just won't do it. Walking in the parallel bars and through the ladder are now categorized in the hard work, not so fun section...He has come a long way though and when he want's to do something boy does he do it! I can't wait for Tyler to see him!! Yesterday they did his progress video and we had to bribe him with potato chips just to do the simple drills he has been working on for the past five weeks. It will be interesting to see what they ended up with. He now has the nick name Mr.Chippy from the instructors!


Last week Ryder was my little potty champ. He went everyday in class and even on the weekend too :) They have little charts made up and they get stickers for each part of the day they complete, they also get extra stickers for using the potty. Ryder loves checking out every one's stickers so I think I'm gonna make a potty chart for home too. Good incentive and it doesn't involve chips :)  I'm so proud of him! Also I need to reclaim my comment about Ryder being traumatized and not using the potty until he's 40!!! lol

The top stickers are potty stickers :)


This week as everything is coming to an end, our schedule has been a bit different. We had no class yesterday because they were making our final progress videos. They also put on interviews to give us all opportunities to have one on one time to talk with the conductors. We had a big potluck dinner which was a really nice break from all the hard work. The kids had an awesome time all playing together outside of class and I think the parents did too :) Tomorrow we have our graduation and Friday is only a half day then we hit the road!!!  As happy as I am to head home, I truly am going to miss these people!!

No comments:

Post a Comment