Sunday, January 22, 2012

3 down 2 to go!

Day 21 today and tomorrow we enter our fourth week! It feels so good to have the bulk of this behind us. I am trying my very hardest to keep positive and just take it all in. I am still really homesick but I am choosing to switch my focus.

Ryder is doing great and already, I can see so much progress. Today I watched his Ability camp application video, that I made just a few months back and I am shocked at how far he has come.  Since getting here he has gained a lot of balance, the first few days in their backwards walkers he needed someone to steer him around. Now he just takes off down the hall all by himself. He can steer into doorways and even throw his weight to completely turn himself around to go the opposite direction. He can even walk backwards!! lol I have also noticed he can stay up on his feet for longer periods of time. Before he would prefer to crawl and now if the walker is there he will crawl to it pull himself up and just go! His vocabulary has probably quadrupled and he often talks in sentences now too. I know Tyler is just going to be blown away when he sees him. Will be an exciting day for sure :)

Wish us luck for a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Off to see Jordan, I presume. Good luck to you and Ryder this week, I miss you both so much. Love you lots, Mom xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete