Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Ryder's stepping!?!

The snow is back and unfortunately it's once again too cold to be outside with the walker. We had to stick it out inside today so I thought we better make the most of it. There are many things we are working on these days but the newest is standing with his new Walk Easy Tripod canes. I have been hesitant in letting Ryder walk with them because were trying to focus on him standing first. I knew once we started walking, he wouldn't want to just stand anymore and didn't think he had the balance or coordination to walk just yet. Today I decided to go for it and walk together with them around the house. I would pick them up with him and guide him through the whole motion. He shocked me earlier in the day when I let go and he moved one of the canes and took a step! He fell when trying to move the second one but wow I got so excited!!  We continued to use the canes together on and off all day, going both upstairs and down. About a half hour before bed I decided to let go and just see what he could do solo. 

Here it is Ryder's very first steps with his Canes!!!!

It's short, blurry and of his backside but it's one of the best videos I have to date of him wowing me!
Way to go Ryder you make Mommy and Daddy SO very PROUD!!!!!!

1 comment: