Thursday, September 13, 2012

Ryder's First Day of School!



Today was the big day, Ryder started Stepping Stones. The morning was a little different being the one waking up Ryder instead of him being my alarm clock. I got a huge hug right away and the first thing to come out of his mouth was " I love you Momma cat..." Love my boy!  Drop off was successful, he was very excited to see all the other kids and hit it off with his Autism support worker right away :) How could he not when she had a big tub of toys with lots of cars in it. Each child has a worker and they have their own little cubical they work in. Then there is a big play area where the kids can all play together. We got Ryder settled in his little desk and chair watched him play for a couple minutes then said our good byes. No tears and he didn't seem to care one bit that we were leaving. Tyler and I stuck around in the waiting room for about half hour just to make sure he would be okay. Of course he was so off we went.


We left to pick him up a little early to beat the rush (and I was very anxious to see him.) His worker suggested we actually keep doing that from now on to avoid the chaos of everyone coming and going. We will do a early drop off and early pickups which actually works better with Tyler's work schedule. Ryder's worker said he had an AMAZING first day! He didn't cry at all!! Got a little sad a few times when he was asked to share with other kids but that's very typical for Ryder and I'm so glad he has the opportunity to work on it daily. She said he didn't ask for us at all! I guess there were enough distractions that he didn't miss us too much. He got to play with one of his best friends that also goes there and he was very polite and used his please and thank-yous when talking to the other kids. All in all a very successful day! YAY!!!! My baby is growing up and I couldn't be more proud of him. 

1 comment: