Wednesday, December 28, 2011

2012 : Ryder's year!

The Christmas season is finally over. It's a hard season for me and it's always nice to know the new year is coming. This year I am extremely excited for the new year. I know this is Ryder's year! As some might imagine, his first two years were a bit of a struggle. First year we rode the NICU roller coaster, lost Wyatt and tried to plain out "survive". His second year we spent trying to process his new Cerebral Palsy diagnosis and figure out what was next. But this year I know is going to be great, it's gotta be!  We have amazing family, friends, doctors and therapists all supporting us and it feels awesome. So many people following Ryder's journey and cheering him on all the way. We really can't thank you all enough for the donations, support and positive energy you have put out in the world for Ryder. He really is such a special boy and I am so grateful for all the opportunities he has been given thus far.

Were almost on our way, just two more day until we leave for Toronto!! Getting excited but mostly nervous right now. A little worked up about the travel part, up until I meet my mom in the airport when her flight comes in an hour after mine. Just thinking about me trying to collect all my luggage all alone, is giving me an anxiety attack. I will have Ryder, my carry on, his stroller, two large suit cases, his car sear and his walker!! I know I'll be fine and be able to manage just like I always do in these situations but I really will be happy and more relaxed once that part is over!

We will be staying in Toronto for two days then head to camp on the 1st. After that it's five full weeks of intense therapy. I will try my best to keep the blog going through our stay. Wish us luck! We are on our way!! :)

1 comment: