Friday, August 26, 2011

Today was a good day!

We are now at $4040!!! Thank you to EVERYONE that has helped out! Caiti keeps coming to my mom with more and more money from the donation jars. Ugh she is just so amazing! My cousins back home have also planned a poker night to help raise money. Again I am just SO blown away! Love all you guys so much!!

Today was such a great day! I took Ryder out in public in his walker for the first time. I was a bit nervous at first, as before now to everyone else in the world Ryder looked like an ordinary kid, just being lugged around by his mommy. In his walker it is so obvious that it's not the case. I was curious how other kids would react or if people would stare or point and talk... I know it seems silly but the thoughts were still there in my mind. We went to the park with one of my best friends and her daughter Hannah (Ryder's little girlfriend). As soon as we got on the path I put Ryder in his walker. Hannah immediately grabbed hold and they both started walking up the path together. My heart melted and I seriously almost started crying. Once we got to the top where Ryder could see the playground he started squealing with excitement. He had so much fun and got quite the workout too! I wish i had of brought my camera but I knew I would have my hands full. Next time for sure! Of course he drew some attention but it didn't really bug me like I thought it would. I had one little girl ask me what I was doing and why Ryder needed that "thing". I also over heard some kids asking their moms what that "thing" was. Of course kids will have questions... All in all it was just such a good experience for him, it made his walker fun again! And how neat it must have been for him to be at the same level of his little friend :) Cant wait until the guide bar finally comes in and we can take him on more adventures!!!

Sorry mom no new pictures this time :(

No comments:

Post a Comment