Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A little better every day!

Just wanted to do a quick post with some videos mainly for my family back home that doesn't get to see his progress first hand.

Just the other week I started working with Ryder trying to get him to crawl on all fours. At first I would work his feet while he moved his arms. He would only take a few strides then fall to the ground. We have been working on it everyday and now I think he actually prefers to be up on all fours! It seems everyday he goes a little further. He has even started to push all the way up into the crawling stance from laying flat on the floor! SO PROUD!! I took this video right before bed tonight, he was super sleepy after a long day and still managed to "wow" me :)


I also wanted to show a small clip of him sitting unsupported. He can only do this if he is concentrated on something and his legs are crossed but he still manages to stay upright for a LONG time (basically till he's bored and wants to move on). Sitting is a huge milestone for any child but in the CP world sitting is a HUGE deal! It is said that kids who have Cerebral Palsy and sit by the age of two are far more likely to walk than those who don't. I feel in my heart this kid WILL walk someday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment